The Best Protein Powders for the Mercury Toxic and the Benefits
Protein powder is one essential food source I recommend to my mercury toxic patients. The form of protein powder is crucial to how easy it is to digest and how assimilable it is to the cells. Whey, soy and egg white protein powder is NOT ideal. It is much harder to digest and often causes sensitivities, heaviness, lethargy and bloating for those with a leaky gut condition. Some protein powders contain sugars, artificial sweeteners, flavorings and preservatives and other toxic chemicals. It is important to consume a protein powder free of toxins.
The various benefits of consuming the amino acids in protein powders are:
- Nourishes and strengthens the adrenals. The mercury toxic typically develop adrenal fatigue/exhaustion.
- Promotes the liver’s production of glutathione, the body’s #1 detoxifier.
- Helps re-build the intestinal mucosal layer. This easily gets damaged by mercury and other heavy metals. The intestinal mucosal layer consists of amino acids.
- Promotes neurotransmitter production. The majority of neurotransmitters are produced in the gut. The mercury toxic usually develop neurotransmitter deficiencies.
- Improves assimilation and methylation [proper break down of foods]. Strengthens the pancreas and stimulates the production of digestive acids and enzymes. Pancreatic digestive enzyme production becomes impaired by heavy metal toxicity.
- Amino acids detoxify unhealthy bacteria and tissue in the gut.
Following are ideal protein powders that are highly assimilable and sugar and chemical free:
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Grass Fed and Pasture Raised. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen peptides are short chain amino acids naturally derived from collagen protein. These natural peptides are highly bio-available and digestible. Order at www.DrRons.com
Vital Proteins Collagen Protein Powder. 100% Pure Beef Gelatin from organic, grass fed, pasture raised cows. www.DrRons.com
- Designs for Health PurePaleo™ Protein. Contains HydroBEEF™, pure beef protein, with beef from animals raised in Sweden, without hormones and free of any GMO grains, grasses, hay, and/or ensilage. HydroBEEF™ is purified beef protein containing both complete and collagen proteins that are naturally found in beef. Delivering these proteins as peptides allows for better absorption and assimilation. Available from licensed Health Practitioners or other distributors.
- Designs for Health Pure Pea protein powder. 100% yellow non-GMO yellow pea. Available from licensed Health Practitioners or other distributors.
- Sunwarrior Blend Protein powder. Contains pea, hempseed and goji berries. Available at some health food stores and websites.
- Sun Warrior Raw Vegan Protein. Organic pea, raw cranberry, hemp seed protein. Available at some health food stores and www.SunWarrior.com
- Vital Nutrients. Organic Pea Protein Powder. Contains pea protein, natural vanilla flavors and stevia. Available from licensed health practitioners or online distributors.
- Swanson Certified Organic 100% Pea Protein Powder. www.SwansonVitamins.com
- Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein Grain-free. Certified Organic Plant Protein Blend: pea, flax seed, cranberry seed, baobab fruit, moringa leaf, chia seed, pumpkin seed, cacao, stevia, raw enzyme blend. Available at health food stores.
- Body Ecology’s Fermented Protein Powder (not recommended for more severe cases with increased sensitivities) Fermented Pea protein and sprouted grains with kale and kelp. More severe toxic cases should avoid this brand initially, as the kelp may cause sensitivities. Available at some health food stores or order at: www.BodyEcology.com
- Garden of Life Protein Powder (not recommended for more severe cases with increased sensitivities) Made from raw sprouted nuts, seeds, grains, vegetables and chlorella. More severe toxic cases should avoid this brand initially, as the chlorella may likely cause sensitivities. Available at health food stores. www.GardenOfLife.com
- Omega Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder. 100% pumpkin seeds. Available at online distributors.
- Axe Naturals Collagen Protein. Bovine collagen protein powder. 100% Hydrolyzed collagen peptides. www.DrAxe.com
- Nutiva Hemp Protein Hi-fiber – 100% organic hemp protein. Contains 66% edestin (a bioactive globulin protein that’s easy to digest). Available at some health food stores and online distributors.
Mercury Detox Specialist, Connie Fox HHP, NC www.FreedomFromMercuryMadness.com
This content is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease, illness or health condition. The information provided is for informational purposes only. Please consult with your physician for any health or nutritional advice.